EDGAR SchneiderYes, cold can cause itchy eyes. Actually cold symptoms are very similar to allergies, which can cause the disorder of your eyes, then you will feel painful due to this. When you get a cold, you can wait it out for a few days to see if the problem goes away before going to the doctor for antibiotics. If it does not, you need to go to a doctor immediately since it can be contagious just as sinus infection.01/24/2013
elbcoastboyItchy sensation in the eyes is a common eye symptom that many people experience in their life. In most cases, itching is caused due to eye infections and allergic reactions such as watery eyes, redness, and puffiness of the eyes and so on. But it is also quite possible that itchy eyes caused by cold, because some patients who get cold have the symptom of itching in the eyes. Cold can cause many symptoms in eyes, because the virus often causes the white of the eyes to appear red and irritated, so in response to the virus and irritation, people with an eye cold often have eyelid swelling and yellow drainage. Besides, most people with cold and conjunctivitis have itchy eyes. Remember never to rub itchy eyes, since the more you rub, the higher is the risk of histamine, which in turn worsens the itchy symptoms. You can use cold compress to relieve itchy eyes; or in order to get rid of the unbearable itchy eyes problem, you can use eye packs for itchy eyes. If the symptom still serious, you'd better consult the doctor.01/27/2013
Myra TaylorYes, cold will cause your itchy eyes because of the bad immune system. Thus, the itchy eyes could also be the sign of cold. When you get cold, your eyes may get dry easily. You will find that your eyes may get the infection easily too. You'd better use some eyes drops to cure the itchy eyes. You could also use the warm compress to make the eyes feel better.03/04/2013
- What is the effect of alcohol on the eye?
- Why is exercise good for my eyes?
- Will my eye astigmatisms go away at last? Will astigmatisms be inherited?
- Why do my eyes sensitive to light? And why can't focus well?
- How to relieve from high eye pressure and what is treatment?
- Do you have a gold ring around your eyes?
- What's it called when your eyes go out of focus randomly?
- What do zonules do in the human eye?
- I lost vision in my one eye trying to treat something, should I make the other eye match?
- Have you ever seen a bright purple light after you closed your eyes?