James taylorA flashing light symptom in eyes, with the shape of U, is usually pulsating, and its colour appears to be an amalgam ranging from red to green or like a static on a TV. Flashing light in the eye can also be called photopsia, which could be harmless or an indicator of a serious eye problem that needs immediate treatment. Usually, flashing lights can be caused by visual migraine and detached retina, which means you may also suffer migraine and detached retina. If the flashing lights are more of a shimmer at the edge of your vision accompanied by a really bad headache in about 20 minutes then the flashing lights go away, and the flashing lights is caused by a migraine. However, if your flashing lights experience something like a curtain or veil coming down through your vision from above, which may be indicator for detached retina. Besides, trauma such as a blow to the head and digitalis toxicity can also result in flashing lights. Flashing lights sometimes are accompanied by a large number of floaters, small specks and even vision loss. Therefore, if you suffer from flashing lights you need prompt evaluation and treatment.01/30/2013
walker626Well, nowadays, it is normal for many people to have flashing lights in the eyes. And generally speaking, it can be an indicator of a serious eye problem that needs immediate treatment.rst, when someone has flashes of light. And at the same time, you also should know that flashes accompanied by vision loss or by a large number of floaters, small specks, which appear in your line of vision and appear to float or dart from side to side. For the causes, severe recurrent headaches caused by blood vessel spasms in the brain that last from a few hours to several days, and then it can flashing light symptoms. And in my personal opinion, if you have this symptom for a long time, I will suggest you go and see a doctor.03/11/2013
- What is the effect of alcohol on the eye?
- Why is exercise good for my eyes?
- Will my eye astigmatisms go away at last? Will astigmatisms be inherited?
- Why do my eyes sensitive to light? And why can't focus well?
- How to relieve from high eye pressure and what is treatment?
- Do you have a gold ring around your eyes?
- What's it called when your eyes go out of focus randomly?
- What do zonules do in the human eye?
- I lost vision in my one eye trying to treat something, should I make the other eye match?
- Have you ever seen a bright purple light after you closed your eyes?