Angelica gilesCauses of optic neuritis are various, such as Inflammatory Demyelinating, infection and autoimmune disease. Moreover, stress can also be the cause. TIPS: 1.You can avoid tobacco, alcohol, pungent, spicy and grilled food. Have more vitamin B-contained food and less sweet food. 2.Be emotionally stable, keep a happy mind. Anxiety and depression may affect treatment. 3.Proper exercise will strengthen immune system, ensure enough sleep. 4.After you leaving the hospital, re-check every week in the first month, later, check once every 1 or 2 months, it is better to keep this more than 6 month. Wish you get well soon.02/19/2013
rommel abadI am sorry to heard that you got optic neuritis. In fact, Optic neuritis is just an inflammation of the eye nerves that cause the change in vision. From this point, stress won't cause Optic neuritis. And if you suffer Optic neuritis, you'd better see a doctor and treat it with high dose i.v. methylprednisolone. Or just consult your eye doctor the treatment for your optic neuritis. Hope this can help you.02/25/2013
Eric quickThere are various possibilites which can causes optic neuritis, for example, long time spent in front ot TVs or computers, infections and nutritions deficiency. I haven't heard that stress can cause optic neuritis. However to treat optic neuritis, you should keep a stable emotion and be positive, which can help the recovery. Meanwhile, have a light diet with rich nutrition could help a lot, because vitamin B1 deficiency is the leading cause of optic neuritis. Don't smoke or have alcohol any more.03/07/2013
- What is the effect of alcohol on the eye?
- Why is exercise good for my eyes?
- Will my eye astigmatisms go away at last? Will astigmatisms be inherited?
- Why do my eyes sensitive to light? And why can't focus well?
- How to relieve from high eye pressure and what is treatment?
- Do you have a gold ring around your eyes?
- What's it called when your eyes go out of focus randomly?
- What do zonules do in the human eye?
- I lost vision in my one eye trying to treat something, should I make the other eye match?
- Have you ever seen a bright purple light after you closed your eyes?