MirandaI don't think there is any causality between astigmatism and high blood pressure. But I do know there are many damages that high blood pressure might bring to us, including damages to eyes. Blood vessels are brittle, especially the blood vessels in eyes. The blood vessels in eyes are small so that they are invisible normally. The high blood pressure gives a great pressure on blood vessels so that the vessels might be broken or fluid might leak from the blood vessels, resulted in bleeding in eyes and fluid accumulated under the retina. It can also damages the optic nerves, by blocking the blood flow to eyes. While astigmatism is a refractive error related to genes, it can't be the result of high blood pressure. As to astigmatism, it is caused by uneven curvature. The light forms multiple focuses, resulted in blurry vision.02/15/2013
edwardHypertension, better known as high blood pressure. It is a chronic medical condition in which the blood pressure in the arteries is elevated.High blood pressure calls for the heart to work harder than normal to circulate blood through the blood vessels. Well, it is possible that high blood pressure causes astigmatism. As we all known, astigmatism are related with blood circles and refractive. People who suffer blood circles problems are easy to cause eye disorders. High blood pressure will lead to blood vessels in eyes occur pathological changes, which is the big factor to cause blurry vision. Astigmatism is easy to cause poor sight and blurry vision. While sight problems are common symptoms of astigmatism. So high blood pressure ensure to cause astigmatism. The individual who suffer astigmatism need to take medicines everyday to control pressure in normal range.02/15/2013
- Are glasses for astigmatism more expensive?
- What is the most comfortable contact lens for astigmatism?
- Why does astigmatism get worse with age?
- Can people with astigmatism get lasik?
- How does an incorrect astigmatism axis affect my vision ?
- Can laser eye surgery cause astigmatism?
- Do you need special glasses for astigmatism?
- Can i get lasik eye surgery if i have astigmatism?
- Does lasik surgery correct astigmatism?
- Can eye injury cause astigmatism?