MayeWell, yes, taking alcohol can be bad for your eyes. And in some cases, it will just increase the risk of getting macular degeneration. According to some experts, drinking is damaging to the blood supply, and increases your blood pressure which is a risk factor for macular degeneration. And that can be dangerous when you have macular degeneration, for it can be related with vision loss. And there are many home remedies to prevent the macular degeneration. Maybe you can have a try. For example, you can eat more fish, such as catfish, eggs, and cod liver oil. Also, vitamin d which has anti-inflammatory properties and inflammation has played a big part in macular degeneration. Anyway, just be careful about your eyes.03/10/2013
Elvis PresleyYes, taking alcohol will increase the risk of macular degeneration. The pathological mechanism of macular degeneration is mainly for aging macular area structure which changes the retinal pigment epithelial cells in the eye outside plate membrane and decline ingest function. That is not digested residual corpuscle plate membrane retention in the basal cells of the original oar, discharging. In addition, the cells of warts formed glass membrane. Therefore after secondary pathological changes, it will cause macular degeneration. In all major long-term chronic light injury with macular area, choroid blood vessel hardening, aging on retinal pigment epithelial cells will cause the macular degeneration. When you drink a lot of alcohol which contains a lot of stimulating irritates, your blood vessels will be hardening. That is the main reason for you to get the macular degeneration. You need to cure it as soon as possible through the surgery or the home remedies if it is not that serious. The eyes are the very important ones for our whole body.03/17/2013
camzronIn general, the relationship between alcohol intake and macular degeneration needs further investigation. Taking alcohol may play a role in the development of macular degeneration. However, it is not obviously connected with the risk of getting a macular degeneration. Actually macular degeneration is the common cause of blindness in the elderly. As a matter of fact, taking foods rich in certain carotenoids, in particular dark green, vegetables, may decrease the risk of developing macular degeneration. So a healthy and balanced diet is of much importance in avoiding macular degeneration.03/28/2013
- Will smoking increase the risk and accelerate the development of cataracts, macular degeneration and optic nerve damages?
- Does the new treatment for macular degeneration really work?
- What Is Macular Degeneration Prevention Diet?
- How to Prevent Macular Degeneration Naturally?
- What Vitamins Are Good for Macular Degeneration Prevention?
- What Associates Charles Bonnet Syndrome with Age-related Macular Degeneration?
- How to Prevent Macular Degeneration ?
- How to Prevent Macular Degeneration From Getting Worse ?
- What are the best sunglasses for macular degeneration?
- Can glasses correct macular degeneration?