fergusI also think you'd better cut your nails. One reason is that there are lots of bacteria hide in your nails and you can't wash all of them away which may lead to an eye infection because contacts touch your fingers and then being put in your eyes directly. This may lead to an eye infection especially when you are a beginner. The other reason is that we don't use nails to put on or take off contacts. Some people use nail to poke their contacts so that they can take them off. I'd like to tell you that it is not the right way. Sweetie, I suggest you to ask someone to show you how to put on or take off contacts first. After you can manage this skillfully, you nails won't bother you anymore. But you still need to wash your hands and nails carefully before putting on or taking off your contacts. Hope this helped!11/07/2013
Makayla raphaelSweetie, you'd better cut your nails. As a beginner to use contacts, it is very easy to get an eye infection if you don't wash your hands clean before putting on or taking off your contacts. And there are lots of bacteria in our nails that can't be washed away. So I think you'd better cut all of them immediately.11/07/2013
650 Iwilei Road, Suite 210 Honolulu, HI 96817
808-735-1935Since you are new to wear contact lenses. It is better for you to cut your nails to avoid the injury of your cornea while wearing contact lenses. Maybe it will take 1 month for you to get used to wear it. Once you get used to wear it, you do not need to cut your nails then. Hope this helpful.01/13/2015
- Can I wear contacts when I have pink eyes?
- Do I need to consider the size of contacts when buying them?
- Is it normal that circle lenses rub against eyelids?
- Why does wearing contacts make my eyes blurry when I go back to glasses?
- How long should you rest your eyes after over-wearing contacts?
- Can I wear two different brands of contact lenses?
- Can I reuse a daily contacts? Have you tried that ?
- Why does one of my eyes go inwards when I don't wear my glasses?
- Regular soft contacts vs. daily disposable ones. Which one is better?
- How often should you change the contact lens case?