Bridget CYes. You have several options to consider besides using Reading glasses over your contacts when your near vision starts to decrease. In actuality, bifocal contacts have been available since 1985. Bifocal contact lenses are available in soft and rigid materials, and can be fitted for patients with nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. True bifocal contact lenses fully correct both eyes for distance and near vision simultaneously. This is most like your natural vision. Bifocal contact lenses are a long-term solution to all levels of presbyopia (loss of near vision after age 40). Just recently, a two-week (daily wear) disposable soft bifocal contact lens was released and we have already fitted many of our patients. Contact lens technology is rapidly advancing, and the doctors of Vision Clinics use all of the most current lenses available, as well as the ones weve fit on patients for years.04/16/2015
Christina keithOf course yes. Bifocal contact lenses are for people suffering from presbyopia or astigmatism. Each bifocal lens must be customized to each patient's needs. A doctor's method of fitting can either be monovision or multifocal, and they can choose from silicone hydrogel, soft, or GP lens materials.In the past, lenses had to fit quite loosely in the eye in order for the lens to shift upward in down-gaze.04/17/2015
annyYes, Bifocal contact lenses are lenses designed to address the focusing issues associated with presbyopia by incorporating different prescriptions. They are lenses that offer two different prescriptions in a single lens. One prescription is for close reading, and the other for normal, distance vision. The dual prescriptions help people who suffer from presbyopia, where age-related changes to the eye cause difficulties in focusing on close objects.04/17/2015
- Humana insurance
- Do I still need spectacles if I wear contact lenses?
- Why are some contact lenses more comfortable than others?
- When can kids wear contact lenses?
- Why are contact lens exams significantly more expensive than eye glasses exams?
- Can I top off the old contacts solution in my lens case with new solution?
- who are not suitable for wearing contacts?
- Could contact lenses boost a kid's confidence?
- How to convert a glasses prescription to contact prescription?
- How do contact lenses feel in the eyes at the first time?