ANNAYoung children with hyperopia can outgrow it and become myopic later on , but someone with myopia can't become hyperopic. Myopics will become presbyopic though with age, the same as hyperopics do. It is generally understood that we tend to become hyperopic as we age.it was found that almost all hyperopic and emmetropic eyes showed an age-related hyperopic shift; but only a small proportion of myopic eyes shifted toward hyperopia, with others remaining relatively stable and still others increasing in myopia. Some people in personal experiences have stated that their myopia has decreased while others found themselves wearing bifocals. In closing, I would say that this is something that your Ophthalmologist may be able to predict better but it is not a given that your myopia would decrease. It may or may not be so with many factors like your eye shape coming into play.05/12/2015
b0wfing3rNot exactly, actually, when the eye's optical power and length do not match perfectly, vision will not be in focus. If your distance vision is blurry, but close-up objects are clear, you are myopic. If you are hyperopic, you can see clearly in the distance but only by expending more focusing effort than normal, and even more effort for up close. Myopic and hyperopic are different and it was found that almost all hyperopic and emmetropic eyes showed an age-related gyperopic shift, but only a small proportion of myopic eyes shifted toward hyperopia, with others remaining relatively stable and still others increasing in myopia.05/12/2015
- Blurry vision after working long hours.
- Blurry vision when working long hours.
- Can Episcleritis be caused by stress or anxiety?
- very weak eyesight
- How is nearsightedness diagnosed?
- What are the dangers of wearing eyeglasses?
- What causes myopia?
- Why is decreasing myopia so important?
- How can multifocal lenses address myopia in children?
- Why does myopia in children worsen with age?
Recommend eye doctor & optical:
- Retina Group of Florida Retina Vitreous Consultnts
- Brill Thomas F OD
- Dr. Dennis I Fetch & Dr. Norman L Herskovich
- Center For Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Tost Gary Dr
- Rothstein Stephen B Dr
- Central Florida Eye Institute
- Lange Eyecare & Associates
- Gannon Marc Jay Dr Optical Goods
- Michael P Lange