Christina keithYour PD stands for Pupillary Distance, which is the distance between your pupils in millimeters, Your PD is very important for accurately fitting your lenses to achieve vision acuity. PD (OU), written as "62", means the Binocular PD which is for both eyes. PD (OD), means the Monocular PD for the right eye, PD (OS), means the Monocular PD for the left eye, A Monocular OD is written as two numbers, for example "32/30", "32" represents the PD for the right eye, and "30" for the left eye. Sometimes PD is written as "62/59" or they are labeled "Far" and "Near". Your PD is usually measured for distance vision, which is 'Far PD", or "62" in this example. For reading glasses, doctors measure your "Near PD" or "59" in the example.You may measure it with the help of your friend or by yourself in front of mirror. Learn more about PD, please check out at http://www.firmoo.com/help-p-30.shtml04/27/2012
KayleeThat is Pupillary Distance. It's the distance between your pupils in millimeters. Getting it right is one of the most important things in making glasses fitting perfectly your vision condition. There are basically three ways in writing PD. They are OU, which is for both eyes; OD, which is for the right eye and OS for the left eyes. PD can be measured with the help from one of your friends or just by yourself in front of a mirror. Good luck.07/27/2012
650 Iwilei Road, Suite 210 Honolulu, HI 96817
808-735-1935Pupillary distance is an important measurement used to determine the proper lens shape and alignment of your prescription correction to your line of vision. Without an accurate PD measurement, correcting vision can be difficult since lenses need to be aligned over the center of your pupil for proper clarity.01/26/2015
- My helmet makes my glasses foggy. What can I do?
- How Long after Cataract Surgery Can I Get New Glasses?
- How much are glasses at Walmart vision center?
- Which one is better, contacts or glasses for studying on computer?
- Do i need anti glare on my glasses?
- Is myopia hereditary?
- Why my vision gets blurry since I started wearing glasses?
- What is the best shape of glasses for a round face ?
- What type of lens is used to correct short sightedness?
- Why do some babies wear glasses?