Luke oliverThere may be two reasons: First, the water temperature is higher than the temperature of your skin when you have a shower, it can increase the blood which is allocated to the surface of the skin. It can not only make you get bloodshot eyes, but also make your skin bloodshot. Second, all kinds of shampoo, cleansing products can give a physical stimulation to your eyes, which can cause inflammatory reactions. You can use some topical antibiotic eye drops or ointment according to the severity of the symptoms. But hypertension, cerebral thrombosis can also make you have bloodshot eyes, so for safety's sake, you can go to the hospital to have a careful examination. Hope these suggestions can help you.09/07/2012
Randa FritchThis is probably because you take a shower when the water is lukewarm or overheating. Because they all may lead to your eyes' capillaries expansion congestion, that is to say, they can make whites part of the eyes bloodshot look red. Still there may be another kind of situation that you are suffering from excessive internal heat which will cause eyes red and swollen.09/07/2012
everybody_caresIt is normal. I also have such experience. As we know, we usually use warm water when takiing shower, which make the bathroom higher temperature than other rooms. And the blood vessels in your eyes dilate from the heat. So, you can see blood shot eyes. Don't worry, it will get recovery after a while and you can also put on cold compresses.09/06/2012
hallHello and thanks for your question, what kind of soap or shampoo are you using on your face or hair? Allergies can develop anytime, irritation, infection, and trauma also can got bloodshot eyes, in addition, getting a lot of water in your eyes can make them bloodshot, especially if there is a lot of chlorine in your water, if persists, see your doctor.05/20/2015
- What is the effect of alcohol on the eye?
- Why is exercise good for my eyes?
- Will my eye astigmatisms go away at last? Will astigmatisms be inherited?
- Why do my eyes sensitive to light? And why can't focus well?
- How to relieve from high eye pressure and what is treatment?
- Do you have a gold ring around your eyes?
- What's it called when your eyes go out of focus randomly?
- What do zonules do in the human eye?
- I lost vision in my one eye trying to treat something, should I make the other eye match?
- Have you ever seen a bright purple light after you closed your eyes?