clarinetbandguyTo a certain extent, it can be said that. Yes, an eye patch can help to treat lazy eye. However, we can only wear them for a specific situation. Because we must in the situation where we have only one bad eye and the other is good and eye patch can be useful. If you are not in the case, you needn't an eye patch. At the same time, you pay attention to the degree of lazy eyes, and choose the eye patch approach to the treatment of the lazy eyes.09/06/2012
Andrew RabinowitzYes, it's useful for treating lazy eye. The lazy eye has another name that is amblyopia, which means the two eyes don't have the same eye vision. In other words, one poor eye can't see the same object as the good eye. It's common to have lazy eyes at the early stage of childhood. The most effective treatment of amblyopia is utilizing eye patch. The kids should wear the eye patch for continuous 3 to 4 hours daily and keep it for about two weeks; the lazy eye would be corrected.09/06/2012
Ariana kirkYes, as we know, lazy eye is characterized with much lower eyesight compared with the normal standard, the reason of which can also be comprehend as delayed development of one eye or both eyes. So this is also why many children suffer from lazy eye. The eyesight development of both eyes can be unbalanced mainly due to the environmental factors. Because children need proper and continual stimulations to realize the development of vision, if one eye gets more stimulations than the other during a certain period, so will this eye develop better than the other, which makes the difference between the dominant eye and disadvantaged eye. If the environmental factors, especially the light in house couldnâ€™t be changed, the dominant eye will keep on depressing the other, causing the vision of the weak eye to always stay on a primary level. An eye patch can be used to block stimulation to the dominant eye, so as to limit its depression to the other. In such a condition the vision of the weak eye can be expected to develop to a higher level, and the eyesight of both eyes can be gradually corrected to a similar and normal standard.09/07/2012
- What is the effect of alcohol on the eye?
- Why is exercise good for my eyes?
- Will my eye astigmatisms go away at last? Will astigmatisms be inherited?
- Why do my eyes sensitive to light? And why can't focus well?
- How to relieve from high eye pressure and what is treatment?
- Do you have a gold ring around your eyes?
- What's it called when your eyes go out of focus randomly?
- What do zonules do in the human eye?
- I lost vision in my one eye trying to treat something, should I make the other eye match?
- Can a lazy eye with 6/18 visual acuity affect academic performance?