BrookeAlthough the material of plastic and polycarbonate belong to the high polymer, there still exists the difference. The performance of polycarbonate lenses lie at the good toughness, hardness and high specific strength. The density of it is small and the quality is light. In a word, the eyeglasses of polycarbonate lenses are more durable than plastic lenses.09/27/2012
CHENEYPolycarbonate lenses are development trend of glasses. At very first, they were used for aerospace applications. Then with a demand for lightweight and impact-resistant, they are applied in daily life. Polycarbonate lenses have become very popular as soon as they hit the market, because they are safer than plastic lenses. They are the right choice for children, athletes, sports enthusiasts and someone who love their eyes. Polycarbonate lenses also are suitable for rimless eyewear designs. Who would refuse a glasses with attractive appearance and high-performance!09/28/2012
Kaylee tuenerPolycarbonate lenses are also called PC lenses or space lenses. This kind of materials lenses are used extensively by people mainly because their performance is safe and explosion-proof, in addition, you could imagine that you are using the hammer to hit them, but they are not necessarily broken. Therefore, they are suitable for people who often have the intensive movements. Compared to other material lenses, they are unique. So I can say, yes, polycarbonate lenses are better than plastic lenses.10/09/2012
TMENIt depends on your habits use for the spectacle. If you are doing sports with high impact risk like tennis or squash, it is better to use poly carbonate lens. The reason is because poly carbonate have high impact resistance. If the spectacle is for everyday use like reading or attending classes, I would recommend plastic lens.01/27/2015
- Who should get polycarbonate lenses ?
- Do polycarbonate lenses have uv protection?
- Are polycarbonate lenses more expensive?
- Glass eyeglass lenses vs plastic, which one is better?
- Are polycarbonate lenses thinner than plastic?
- Are polycarbonate lenses thinner than high index?
- What are polycarbonate lenses? should i get polycarbonate lenses?
- How much are polycarbonate lenses at walmart?
- What is the difference between plastic and polycarbonate lenses?
- Are polycarbonate lenses worth the money?