Elijah leslieYou'd better not go to swim when you have the pink eyes because there are much invisible bacterium in the water of the swimming pool. Once the water touches your eyes, your pink eyes may intensify the disease by getting infection. If you really want to swim, you'd better wear the swimming goggles. And after the swimming, you should wash your eyes.10/06/2012
chicommAbsolutely not. If you go swimming when your eyes have not healed, the condition might be serious. And you must avoid contact with other person, because the condition is contagious. Pinkeye, also known as conjunctivitis, is an inflammation of the conjunctiva and the eyelids. It can be caused by bacteria or virus infection, which might be infected from eye-hand-eye. To avoid pinkeye, it is very important to wash hands before eating. Do not rub eyes by hands.10/06/2012
ToddNo, you should not go swimming in this case. Pink eye is a common eye disorder but it is contagious. Although the water of swimming pool is disinfected frequently, there still has high possibility to make your condition worse because disinfectant would stimulate your eyes. And it is possible to infect others who swim in the same pool due to pink eye can be infected by indirectly touching. For instance, you touch your pink eye, and you would put your eyes into water, and others' eyes would touch the water if they do not wear swimming goggles.10/16/2012
- Can I wear contacts when I have pink eyes?
- How to give yourself a fake pink eye?
- How long does pink eye take to go away on its own?
- How do you know if you have pink eye or allergies?
- How long does pink eye take to go away with antibiotics?
- How Do You Know If You Have Pink Eye or Just Allergies?
- How fast do symptoms of pink eye show up?
- What's a good cure for pink eye?
- When is pink eye contagious ?
- Is pink eye contagious while on antibiotics?