ebernardinoYes, it is true. Blue light is bad for eyes. Because blue light will cause high lethality to eyes when pass through cornea and cystaline lens and finally reach retina which will speed cellular oxidation around retina macular region. Too much exposure shall even hurt cellula visualis. If macular region is frequently exposed under blue light, it might permanently damage vision. Except the blue light in sun lights there are many blue lights exist in our daily life devices such as camara's flash light, bathroom heat lamp fixture light and others. So we should be always careful enough.10/30/2012
walkingalone121I have read it online somewhere. It is said that blue light can damage our eyes. Blue light is the most energetic portion of the visible light spectrum. Though it less energetic than UV rays, it also has the ability to penetrate into tissue and cause cellular damages. People who exposure to blue light may suffers some age-related macular degeneration. So, a pair of proper sunglasses is necessary to shield your eyes.10/30/2012
walkinawayfromuAs we all know, our eyes need light to work, but too much of the wrong kind of light can lead to diseases, such as age-related macular degeneration. The UV lights can damage our eyes, the blue light as well. It is the most energetic portion of the visible light spectrum. It is less energetic than UV radiation, however, it has the ability to penetrate into tissue and cause cellular damage. The worst damage from blue light involves pigments that accumulate only in the retina cells. On the other side, is able to initiate phototoxic reactions, which means it can absorb light and initiate reactions in the cell that are damaging.10/31/2012
- What is the effect of alcohol on the eye?
- Why is exercise good for my eyes?
- Will my eye astigmatisms go away at last? Will astigmatisms be inherited?
- Why do my eyes sensitive to light? And why can't focus well?
- How to relieve from high eye pressure and what is treatment?
- Do you have a gold ring around your eyes?
- What's it called when your eyes go out of focus randomly?
- What do zonules do in the human eye?
- I lost vision in my one eye trying to treat something, should I make the other eye match?
- Have you ever seen a bright purple light after you closed your eyes?