How long does it take to see after detached retina surgery?
I heard that patient required to lie down and closed eyes after detached retina surgery. How long does it take to see clearly after a detached retina surgery?
J BellWell, generally speaking, you can see objects a few hours after the surgery, but on the other hand, you should know that your eyes will be blurry in the first step. And you do not need worry about it. It is the normal symptom you will have, also, I think you should be careful and watch something clearly after one week. As we know that the first week is the most essential week which can affect the vision recovery of your eyes. So just be patient. And also, you should know that it is can be dangerous if you use your eyes which have been made surgery, it can hurt them, for your eyes are sensitive and fragile. And when you read book or watch something else, you have to focus your eyes on the point for a long time. Then it can lead to eye strains. In some serious cases, it can cause dry eyes, or pink eyes. Anyway, you are not supposed to do that. Besides, you should not do exercises like jumping, running which can lead to serious result. Just be careful about your eyes. Having a good rest is effective for your eyes.11/05/2012
Michelle leonardWell, so sorry to hear that. So, there are indeed some lasting impacts resulted from taking an detached retina surgery. And of course you are required to pay maximum attention to your eyes. As to the details, you must follow the doctor's directions. Generally speaking, it would take you about one week or so before you are able to see things as usual. And you will have to stay in the hospital for medical care.11/08/2012
- Are there any side effect of retinal detachment surgery?
- How to tell if you have retinal detachment ?
- Can eye strain cause retinal detachment?
- Can uveitis cause retinal detachment?
- What are warning signs of retinal detachment?
- Why is there no pain with retinal detachment?
- How long does it take to go blind from retinal detachment?
- Can an optometrist diagnose retinal detachment?
- Can vision be restored after retinal detachment surgery?
- Can contact lenses cause retinal detachment?