Ghassan S.Zinc could help prevent or slow down the progression of serious eye disorders. It is a mineral that helps promote a healthy immune system, healing and proper cell function. Firstly, it is useful for reducing the risk of advanced damage from macular degeneration. It is a serious condition that occurs when the cells of the macula to break down, thus causes permanent loss of central vision. And insufficient volume of zinc could increase the risk of cataract, which occurs when protein in the eye's natural lens breaks down to lead to blurry vision. You should select the food that could provide adequate amount of zinc in a daily basis, such as beef, milk, eggs. But you should intake it by considering health conditions and risk factors for eye disease.11/05/2012
colddazYes, if you want to protect the eyes vision, you should intake more food with rich zinc which is very good for the eyes. According to scientific research, zinc have the role of promoting the absorption of vitamin A. The absorption of vitamin A from zinc can be stored in the liver. When the human body needs, it will let vitamin A transfer to the blood. This process is basically relied on zinc to complete the mobilization work. In the visual function, the zinc participates in vitamin A metabolism, making the retina. The retinal synthesis zinc deficiency in vitamin A reduction enzyme activity is restricted which may appear nyctalopia retinal and pigment membrane's metabolism. The lack of zinc will inevitably affect visual function. The zinc can restrain the corneal perforation, pseudomonas protease activity, reduces or avoids eyeball perforation and so on. In a word, zinc is so important for the eye vision.11/06/2012
- What is the effect of alcohol on the eye?
- Why is exercise good for my eyes?
- Will my eye astigmatisms go away at last? Will astigmatisms be inherited?
- Why do my eyes sensitive to light? And why can't focus well?
- How to relieve from high eye pressure and what is treatment?
- Do you have a gold ring around your eyes?
- What's it called when your eyes go out of focus randomly?
- What do zonules do in the human eye?
- I lost vision in my one eye trying to treat something, should I make the other eye match?
- Have you ever seen a bright purple light after you closed your eyes?