MariahWell, generally speaking, detachment surgery can only take less than hour. And according to some people who have taken this surgery, it is very safe, so there is nothing you need to worry about. But on the other hand, it is important to take care of your eyes, which are kind of sensitive after the surgery. Anyway, there are also many tips you should pay more attention to. For example, in the first two weeks, I will suggest you should not get your eyes hurt or have infection by it. Avoiding the infection is the essential task. For example, you should avoid eye injuries by wearing a protective shield at night and with naps until you are advised by your doctor. Also, you should remember not sleep on the side of the operated eye for the first night. Also, when you have a shower, just be more careful about the water, and do not moisten your eyes with fluid, or it can lead to eye infection. Besides, heavy exercises should be avoided too. Anyway, just be careful about it.11/13/2012
etilnusSurgery for retinal detachment is complicated and very individual to each case. Some people can go home the same day as the operation, while others may stay in hospital for several days. And the type of treatment must be basis of the type of detachment and any complicating factors, such as any other eye conditions you may have. The average time is around 24--48 hours. As a matter of fact, it is common that only one operation is needed and the types of surgery described below may be combined.11/14/2012
- Does a detached retina cause eye pain?
- What causes headaches after detached retina surgery?
- Can a detached retina cause blindness ?
- What does it mean to have a detached retina?
- Can a detached retina cause headaches?
- Can concussion cause detached retina?
- Can a detached retina cause nausea?
- Can a detached retina repair itself?
- Can I still see with a detached retina?
- Can I fly with a detached retina?