coldndYes, dry eye can cause blepharitis. Blepharitis is inflammation of the eyelids. It can be caused by posterior blepharits where the eyelid contacts with the eye. When something affects the meibomian glands, posterior blepharitis appears. One reason that affects meibomian glands is because of rosacea. Rosacea can cause the under-production of oil and result in the insufficient tears to protecting the eye. When you have dry eye, you don't have insufficient tears as well. When this happens, it can cause blepharitis like rosacea. When you have blepharitis, you should keep your eyes clean, use antibiotic creams, use oral antibiotics and steroid eyedrops.11/14/2012
chronojwlYes, it is possible to get bleqharitis because of dry eyes, because dry eye patients have bacterial breeding on their eyelids. At the same time, many dry eye patients suffered with meibomitis. One form of blepharitis is called Posterior blepharitis. The most inside part of the eyelid is infected, and it is caused by the meibomian glands in this part of the eyelid.11/15/2012
Robert murphyYes, it is possible that dry eyes lead to blepharitis. It has been studied that the causes of dry eyes, the deficiency of Androgen sex hormones can also be responsible for blepharitis. The water-deficient dry eyes are existing in many patients. To prevent blepharitis, you need to keep your hands and face clean, do not rub your eyes with dirty fingers or dirty towels. And make sure you do not sleep with makeup.11/16/2012
- Why do my eyes turn red hours after removing contact lenses?
- How to cure dry eyes, blurry vision and fibromyalgia?
- What causes a sore throat and pain behind eyes after drinking alcohol?
- Can dry eyes cause vision loss?
- What is the best over the counter eye drops for dry eyes?
- What is the best eye drops for dry eyes?
- What Acuvue contacts can I try for dry eyes?
- Are Visine artificial tears good for dry eyes?
- why do my eyes feel dry all the time?
- What medications cause dry eye syndrome?