edwardWell, yes, rheumatoid arthritis can lead to dry eyes. First you should know that rheumatoid arthritis is an inflammatory disease, which can cause pain, swelling, stiffness, and loss of function in the joints. Also, it can affect the tear system. So that it can lead to dry eyes. When you have dry eyes, your eyes do not make enough tears to coat the eye. Besides, Potential causes for dry eye include hereditary, immune-mediated, drug-induced, surgically induced, or chronic allergic eyelid disease. So you can try some ways to heal it. Of course, eye drops can be effective to the dry eyes too. So just drop some in a long term, and then it can relieve the symptom.11/21/2012
Andrea lesterIt seems there is no direct connection between rheumatoid arthritis and dry eyes. But eye drops indeed can help your dry eyes, but I'm not that much positive about the eye drops. They are man-made stuff, not natural, if you use them so often, then you may not be that easy to get rid of it. As a consequence, your eyes won't work that well like before. My suggestion is that you need relax more, then drink more water and eat more fruits and vegetables, take Vb and Va as well.11/21/2012
WilliamYes, you can get dry eyes when you have the rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis is a kind of common acute or chronic connective tissue inflammation which may break out repeatedly. It may cause the heart problems. The clinical joints and muscles migrating sour will feel the pain. They are the characteristics of allergic disease. The rheumatic arthritis is more caused by the acute fever and joint pain onset. It may make the whole body lose water. You could have the dry eyes because of the whole body fever. You could use some eye drops with anti-inflammation role to get rid of the bacterium. Thus, your eyes will be moisture. You could also drink more hot water to keep warm of the body and keep the blood circulation work fast.11/21/2012
- Why do my eyes turn red hours after removing contact lenses?
- How to cure dry eyes, blurry vision and fibromyalgia?
- What causes a sore throat and pain behind eyes after drinking alcohol?
- Can dry eyes cause vision loss?
- What is the best over the counter eye drops for dry eyes?
- What is the best eye drops for dry eyes?
- What Acuvue contacts can I try for dry eyes?
- Are Visine artificial tears good for dry eyes?
- why do my eyes feel dry all the time?
- What medications cause dry eye syndrome?