Cathy DaileyWell, it seems that you are quite worried about the side effects that erythromycin ointment could bring to your eyes. So, as a matter of fact, it could take it easy, because as you can see proper amount of erythromycin ointment actually generate no harm to your eyes because they are not toxic and irritative to your eyes. However, you should not use excessive erythromycin ointment, just try to consult the doctor what are suitable for your problems.12/13/2012
KevinWell, generally speaking, erythromycin is a frequently prescribed antibiotic that's available in many forms, including tablets, capsules and suspensions for oral use. According to some experts, the most common side effects involve irritation to the surface of the eye and it can lead to conjunctivitis. Also, it can affect the eyelids, leading to blepharitis. And then redness, itching, tearing and light sensitivity can occur. By the way, you should know that contamination of the ointment in the tube can occur from contact with unwashed hands or from contact with any part of the eye. This can result in a secondary bacterial infection and requires medical attention. So just pay more attention to it.12/17/2012
MATILDANo, there are basically no side effects on eyes of using erythromycin ointment which could make your inflammation degree release. However, different people have different constitution. Some people may be sensitive to the erythromycin which will cause the eyes get red and not feel comfortable. However, after using the erythromycin ointment for about a week and stop using, you may get the quick recovery soon. It will be OK. Erythromycin ointment is the antibiotic medicine. The antibacterial spectrum is broad which can be usually used for pyogenic skin infection and drug resistance to penicillin staphylococcal infection. It is white or light yellow or yellow ointment in medical treatment which occupies an important position, especially in the surgery, the wound healed, skin fester. It is used significantly and the effect is significant. It is such a good medical thing which many patients may need it.12/17/2012
- What is the effect of alcohol on the eye?
- Why is exercise good for my eyes?
- Will my eye astigmatisms go away at last? Will astigmatisms be inherited?
- Why do my eyes sensitive to light? And why can't focus well?
- How to relieve from high eye pressure and what is treatment?
- Do you have a gold ring around your eyes?
- What's it called when your eyes go out of focus randomly?
- What do zonules do in the human eye?
- I lost vision in my one eye trying to treat something, should I make the other eye match?
- Have you ever seen a bright purple light after you closed your eyes?