carlIt is a result of bad habits, sometimes swollen eyes could be resulted from drinking excessive water before you sleep, or a lack of sleep, and some other serious problem, so it could also be seen as a sign of health risk. So, you should take care of your eyes in every aspect, just try to quite some habits, and if the problem does not go away, you should get a medical exam.12/14/2012
handxrxtiedIf your eyes get swollen when you get up in the morning, you may drink a lot of water before the sleep. You should use the warm compress with the clean cloth to reduce the swollen eyes. You could also use some eye drops to release the symptom. You should keep in mind that not drinking too much amount of water before the sleep.12/17/2012
Jason lesterThere are some causes for swollen eyes. It might be water retention around eyes from poor sleeping or some reasons, which can be reduced by some home remedies. It might be caused by allergies, high blood pressure or dermatitis. Yet you could try the home remedies first and see whether it can get well or not. As to swelling, usually we could apply some ice compress on eyelids to help relieve. Cucumber slice or icy spoon is very popular for most women. The icy compress could effectively tighten the skin around eyes. Massage the skin with some nutrition oil or eye cream around eyes to promote the circulation there so that water retention can flow to other proper place or get absorbed. Of course the number one choice is take a good and sound sleeping. Good sleeping refresh your skin and make you stunning. Yet if your swelling eyes are triggered by some allergy, infection or inflammation, I would suggest you to consult your doctor and get proper treatment.12/18/2012
SmarteeTry and cut back on the salt in your diet because salt can actually cause the puffy bags under your eyes. After waking up, try putting on a cool, moist teabag (just dip 2 unused teabags into cold water and wring out any extra water) onto both of your eyes and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Make sure it covers the whole eye(s). It should take away some of the puffiness. If it doesn't work, try asking a doc for help. Hope this helps! :)01/20/2015
- What is the effect of alcohol on the eye?
- Why is exercise good for my eyes?
- Will my eye astigmatisms go away at last? Will astigmatisms be inherited?
- Why do my eyes sensitive to light? And why can't focus well?
- How to relieve from high eye pressure and what is treatment?
- How to treat red and swollen eyes caused by a hit?
- Do you have a gold ring around your eyes?
- What's it called when your eyes go out of focus randomly?
- What do zonules do in the human eye?
- I lost vision in my one eye trying to treat something, should I make the other eye match?