Jose joyceOk, from what you said, I can see that there is something wrong with your eyes, which forces you to take cataract surgery soon. Anyway, sometimes we get diseases out of our lack of attention to our health. Now that your eyes are in critical situation, thus, it would be wise for you to stay away from contact lenses, which would add more health risks to your eyes. And before the surgery, you will be required to stop useing contacts for 2 weeks. Believe me.12/20/2012
AndreaAs far as i'm concerned, i suggest that you'd better not wear contact lenses for one week at least before cataract sugery. The most important reason is because it might influence the result of examination. Before you take the surgery, the doctor needs to examine your eyes to see whether it is suitable for you to have such an operation. Wearing contacts may change the shape and thickness of the cornea temporarily to some degree, so the doctor cannot get the accurate statistic about your eyes, thus it is bad for his analysis on your surgery. Besides,wearing contact will certainly go against preventing eyes from bacteria, which may give rise to infection and finally affect the surgery. Accordingly, it is recommended that you should not wear contact lenses before cataract surgery.12/20/2012
chilloutshaNo, you can't wear the contact lenses before the days you will do the cataract surgery. Your eye pressure may get higher. What's worse, your eyes may get infection because of the coming bacterium in the eyes. You'd better not keep the eyes naked before the cataract surgery. And after the surgery, you should wait for about three months' basic recovery and wear the contact lenses. Or else, it may affect the recovery of the eyes.12/20/2012
- Can I wear contacts when I have pink eyes?
- Do I need to consider the size of contacts when buying them?
- Is it normal that circle lenses rub against eyelids?
- Why does wearing contacts make my eyes blurry when I go back to glasses?
- How long should you rest your eyes after over-wearing contacts?
- Can I wear two different brands of contact lenses?
- Can I reuse a daily contacts? Have you tried that ?
- Why does one of my eyes go inwards when I don't wear my glasses?
- Regular soft contacts vs. daily disposable ones. Which one is better?
- How often should you change the contact lens case?