walkendeathShingles of eye is a very serious eye infection which could definitely impair vision for good. It is called herpes zoster ophthalmicus which is caused by varicella-zoster virus infection, affecting eyes as well as the skin around eyes. It is just the same virus which cause chickenpox in children. After infection, the virus will stay dormant. For some people it might never wake up, while for some people, it might get reactivated some time with immune system weakened. Symptoms of HZO include feverish and fatigue at the earliy stage, skin rash, pain, eye redness, swelling eyelid and sensitivity to light. Once HZO breaks out, you should see your doctor at the earliest. The doctor would prescribe some antiviral medication and steroids eye drops for you to control the infection and inflammation. Don't scratch to avoid any further infection and scarring. Keep the infected area clean, and apply some cool compress. Normally HZO would last from one month to several months.01/10/2013
Jason lesterIt is really ugly for you to have the eye shingles. You could do the acupuncture to cure them. It may be lasted for about two weeks if you treat the eyes carefully. You should not smoke or drink during this time. You could also keep the good diet to make the eyes feel moisture. You need to protect the eyes carefully.01/11/2013
cutechaldochickWell, generally speaking, I have to say that eye shingles can be annoying and also make your eyes look ugly. And it will just take about one week for them to go away. So you need to pay more attention to them. In common, eye shingles is an infection caused by the virus that causes chickenpox. And according to some experts, one or more nerves and the skin over them are affected. And for the symptoms, generally red, swollen, painful can be the common ones. Also, watery eyes and blurred vision may occur too. In some serious cases, you may feel deep pain, itchy, and extreme sensitivity to touch. At this moment, you need to go and see the eye doctor, and he will give some eye drops to relieve your situation.01/14/2013
- What does pterygium look like?
- How to relieve eye pain caused by smokes?
- Is there any cure or help to COLOBOMA of the IRIS?
- Will hypertropia go away on its own?
- Why can I see circular particles that float around when I close my eyes?
- I have a squiggly line with lil round black spot on my eyes. Can you tell me what's this?
- Will smoking increase the risk and accelerate the development of cataracts, macular degeneration and optic nerve damages?
- dark brown spot on my eyes.
- Can you heal your eyes with Chinese medicine ?
- Can eye problems cause dizziness and headaches?