AnitaYes, there are some contact lenses with UV protection existing. You might know that the use of sunglasses can block almost all the UV-A and UV-B rays to protect our eyes from this radiation. While for contact lenses which have UV protection, they can absorb UV radiation because they can reduce the amount of radiation reaches the surface of eye.01/09/2013
May YongSome contact lenses do have UV protection, you can buy that at glasses store. Or you can buy that online. Ebay and amazon can be helpful. Visit ebay or amazon homepage at first. Then, type "contact lenses with UV protection" in the search bar. Lots of sunglasses will show up, choose the perfect one for yourself based on the price, the brand, the seller's reputation, and the comments given by the former customers. You can pay for that online, or you can choose to pay for that when the lenses arrived.01/13/2013
georgeOf course, it does. When you are choosing some contact lenses, you can find it in the description. I am wearing contact lenses too, and I found some Johnson& Johnson contact lenses provide the UV protection. According to a report of the American Optometric Association, these contact lenses can protect eyes by abosorbing the UV radiation and reducing the radiation reaching to the surface of eyes. There are also some UV protection standards given by U.S. Food and Drug Administration for contact lenses. You can check this report by clicking the linkage below: http://www.aoa.org/x12724.xml Although the contact lenses can provide UV protection to some extent, for me, I think it is better to wear sunglasses which can provide 90-100% protection from UV radiations. Brown and grey colored lenses are the best choices.01/14/2013
650 Iwilei Road, Suite 210 Honolulu, HI 96817
- Can I wear contacts when I have pink eyes?
- Do I need to consider the size of contacts when buying them?
- Is it normal that circle lenses rub against eyelids?
- Why does wearing contacts make my eyes blurry when I go back to glasses?
- How long should you rest your eyes after over-wearing contacts?
- Can I wear two different brands of contact lenses?
- Can I reuse a daily contacts? Have you tried that ?
- Why does one of my eyes go inwards when I don't wear my glasses?
- Regular soft contacts vs. daily disposable ones. Which one is better?
- How often should you change the contact lens case?