JonYes, barcode scanner is bad for eyes. Because the laser beams in the scanner could either temporarily affect your vision and it depends on how strong the laser beam is. That's why you can see warning labels slapped near some scanners. So please do not to look directly at the laser beams from scanner.01/11/2013
walker_The radiation let out by the barcode scanner is bad for eyes for sure. All the electronic product have this side effect. And barcode scanner take more infrared ray which can cause telangiectasia, overburden our eyes, etc. So it's worse than lots of digital products. Try to avoid the scanner when you pay for the bills at any supermarket.01/13/2013
LuthyFrequently staring at the barcode scanner in a close distance is bad for eyes, because the light of barcode scanner is too strong, which can hurt our eyes. But you do not need to worry about it, because in our daily life, the times of we use barcode scanner is rarely, and the distance between barcode scanner and our eyes is more than 0.5 meter, which is very safe.01/13/2013
- What is the effect of alcohol on the eye?
- Why is exercise good for my eyes?
- Will my eye astigmatisms go away at last? Will astigmatisms be inherited?
- Why do my eyes sensitive to light? And why can't focus well?
- How to relieve from high eye pressure and what is treatment?
- Do you have a gold ring around your eyes?
- What's it called when your eyes go out of focus randomly?
- What do zonules do in the human eye?
- I lost vision in my one eye trying to treat something, should I make the other eye match?
- Have you ever seen a bright purple light after you closed your eyes?