Eyes are the important organ for human body. Overuse of eyes may cause eye fatigue, psychentonia, malnutrition and vision loss. The common symptoms of eye fatigue are headache, forehead swelling and dry eyes.
In order to protect our eyes, we should do some eye exercises regularly combined with good rest; in addition, having some foods that are good for our eyes will have a great effect.
The adaptability of our eyes to dark will be weaken in case of lacking vitamin A, and even nyctalopia will occur when the condition is serious.
Lean meat, poultry, animal’s liver, fish, shrimp, milk, eggs, beans, etc. are rich in protein which is the major element that makes up cells; while the repairing of tissue needs to be supplied with protein continuously. Therefore, foods that contain vitamin A are good for our eyes.
Vitamin A can also protect against and cure xerophthalmia. It is necessary to intake sufficient vitamin A everyday to eliminate the fatigue of our eyes.
Besides, vitamin C is one of the elements that make up the crystalline lens. It is easy to suffer from cataract if some one is lacking of vitamin C.
For this reason, we should pay attention to intake foods that are abundant in vitamin C in our daily life, such as all kinds of fresh vegetables and fruits, especially the green pepper, cucumber, cauliflower, cabbage, fresh date, pear and orange.
Additionally, rich calcium powder is also beneficial to our eyes. Calcium has the function of eliminating the eye strain. For example, beans, green vegetables and dried small shrimps are rich in calcium.
From what I stated above, we can see that vitamin A and C are the most important for our eye health, so if we want to protect our eyes well, we should intake as many foods that are rich in vitamin A and C as well as calcium as possible during our daily life.
- Why do my eyes sensitive to light? And why can't focus well?
- What do zonules do in the human eye?
- Do you have a gold ring around your eyes?
- Why is exercise good for my eyes?
- What is the effect of alcohol on the eye?
- How to relieve from high eye pressure and what is treatment?
- Have you ever seen a bright purple light after you closed your eyes?
- What's it called when your eyes go out of focus randomly?
- Will my eye astigmatisms go away at last? Will astigmatisms be inherited?
- I lost vision in my one eye trying to treat something, should I make the other eye match?