Aviator glasses actually are developed from aviator sunglasses or pilot’s glasses. With roots dating back to the late 1930’s, Aviator glasses were originally designed for pilots in order to protect their eyes while in the air. With a slight convex shape and covering the entire eye area, they are designed to block a lot of sunlight from getting through. They also feature a unique reflective lens that adds to the overall style .The original design is now marketed as Ray-Ban Aviator glasses, although other manufacturers also produce aviator style sunglasses. They are characterized by dark, often reflective lenses having an area two or three times the area of the eyeball, and very thin metal frames with double or triple bridge so-called bullet hole and bayonet earpieces or flexible cable temples that hook behind the ears. The original design featured G-15 tempered glass lenses, transmitting 15% of incoming light. The large lenses are not flat but slightly convex. The design attempts to cover the entire range of the human eye and prevent as much light as possible from entering the eye from any angle.
One could argue that they definitely started out as a men’s frame but have branched out over the decades and are now by many women. We’ve seen super models and movie starlets wear these hot sunglasses but are they really unisex? Actually, No, aviator eyeglasses are for everyone and can fit each kind of face shape perfectly. It may have started out in a men’s world but aviator glasses work on females just fine. Women can jazz them up with bright colors and men can add character with mirror coated lenses of all different colors. There are plenty of options such as oversized or traditional frames, metal or plastic, and they can even be shaped rectangular. With that many options provided, I think any woman can find the right kind of aviator eyeglasses to wear.
- How To Choose Proper Aviator Glasses For Women?
- Which brand offers the best aviator glasses?
- Is it cool for men to wear plastic aviator glasses?
- What face shape do aviator glasses go well with?
- Can I get aviator glasses on ebay?
- Where can I get aviator reading glasses for men in Houston?
- Are aviator style glasses fashionable now?
- What do so many people like to wear aviator eye glasses?
- What do aviator glasses look like?
- Can aviator glasses be fit with prescription ?