Riley eddyRed eyes are one of the common symptoms of migraines. Redness of eyes is caused by the blood vessels in sclera (the white of eyes) are dilated and irritated. Symptoms of migraine vary from case to case, but it is possible for patients to have red eyes from migraine. Migraine itself is believed to be a chronic disease of nerve system and vascular system. There are various kinds of migraines, yet all of them are linked with vascular and nerve system problem. It is possibly followed with cerebral thrombosis, cerebral hemorrhage or hypertension. Migraines might impact the optic nerves as well as the blood vessels in eyes, so it is not weird that blurry vision and red eyes accompany with it. Usually patients are very sensitive to strong light and loud noise. It is better for you to have a sleep because migraine doesn't attack people in sleeping.01/30/2013
chokeyourthroatI am sorry to hear that and it's quite normal to get red eyes with migraines. Migraine is one of the most common complaints in medicine, and it is more common in people who had migraine when they were younger or who have a family history of migraine. They are stemmed from spasms of blood vessels in the vision part of your brain, which can increase your blood pressure. In that way, it will also affect your eyes, leading to high eye pressure. At this moment, red eyes can occur because of high eye pressure. Thus if you want to get rid of this situation, I suggest you should take a thorough eye examination to make sure the diagnosis first. If the problem occurs more than once, you had better take aspirin and take a nap. Vitamin C is also helpful. But if the symptom still exist, you'd better consult an doctor. Hope these can be helped.01/27/2013
PatriciaYes, your red eyes may be caused from migraines because of the affection of the head nerves which are interlinked with eye nerves. You need to have a good rest for the eyes which will be so helpful for you. In addition, you could also use the warm compress to make your eyes feel comfortable. Taking a good rest is so important for you.03/10/2013
- How to treat red and swollen eyes caused by a hit?
- I have red eyes for more than one week. It is normal?
- Why do my eyes turn red hours after removing contact lenses?
- How long should you rest your eyes after over-wearing contacts?
- Why do you have redness in your eyes when teething?
- How can you keep your eyes from turning red when you are drinking?
- What are the side effects of visine red eye drops ?
- How to get rid of popped blood vessels in your eyes?
- what causes itchy eyelids and red veins in the white part of your eyes?
- How to relieve red and itchy eyes after taking my contacts out?