Elijah walkerOptic neuritis is a serious eye disease which won't go away by itself. It requires immediate treatment otherwise it might lead to vision diminishing or lost permanent. Vitamin B1 deficiency is the No. 1 cause of optic neuritis. One of the treaments is taking intramuscular injection of vitamin B1 and B12. Now, more and more young people are suffering from optic neuritis due to too much time spent in front of TVs and computers. If you feel severe pain in eyes, vomiting and headaches, you might get optic neuritis and you should go to see ophthalmologist at once to get treatment. Patients should have a light diet with rich nutrition. Fresh fruits, vegetables, milk, animal livers and egg yolk are preferred, but no too much dessert. Live a healthy and regular life with stable emotion and moderate exercises.03/06/2013
LisaOptic neuritis is inflammation of the optic nerve. Visual information are always carried by optic nerves from the retinal cells in the brain. Optic neuritis is serious and not common. One got it should take medical treatments as soon as possible. Prednisone and methylprenisolone are medicines which can help with vision recovery. Surgery is the fast and safest way to heal optic neuritis. But you had better take medicines cure it provided that your condition is not so severe. By the way, keep eye health in daily life is also very important. Put away poor eye cosmetics. Never close allergies sources. Keep personal hygienes.03/20/2013
crystaljadeOh, sounds like you have got somethign serious. From what I know, optic neuritis is one of the most serious problems with eyes, which gives rise to some great consequences, such as decreased vision. Thus, you should get immediate and positive treatment. And generally speaking, optic neuritis would not go away even if you cure it. What matters more for you is to take care of your eyes and minimize the effects of optic neuritis.03/24/2013
- What is the effect of alcohol on the eye?
- Why is exercise good for my eyes?
- Will my eye astigmatisms go away at last? Will astigmatisms be inherited?
- Why do my eyes sensitive to light? And why can't focus well?
- How to relieve from high eye pressure and what is treatment?
- Do you have a gold ring around your eyes?
- What's it called when your eyes go out of focus randomly?
- What do zonules do in the human eye?
- I lost vision in my one eye trying to treat something, should I make the other eye match?
- Have you ever seen a bright purple light after you closed your eyes?