What happens if you don't change your contacts regularly?
I just have a pair of contact lenses, The seller told me that the contact can only be used for a month. Now, it almost over the time. Can i continue to wear the contacts? What will happen if i don't change it?
Related Topics : contacts
Melanie gerardWell, all contact lenses have their own shelf life. If contacts are expired, you should throw them away quickly. Contact lenses are made into materials and chemicals. All these substances have their own use time. If they are out of date, these chemicals may loss chemical action. Thus, you wear expired contact lenses only can lead to redness, a feeling of sandy in eyes and sometimes pain, irritation can be hard to avoid. Even you may get blurry vision.04/02/2013
Melanie smithOf course, you should change your contact lenses regularly, or it will be dangerous for your eyes to have some diseases. Generally speaking, contact lenses are designed to be used in certain period. And if you overuse them, it will just increase the risk of getting eye problems, such as eye infection, or some other serious ones. For example, it will just make your eyes be painful, red, and itchy. In some cases, it may lead to vision loss. Also, headache may be possible. So just be careful about it.04/02/2013
CeCe BazelNo, you can't do that. There are many side effects of contact lenses which have passed the amount of time specified. First of all, the contact lenses passed their time will be thinner and lose their capability of transmitting oxygen. A lack of oxygen can cause many eye diseases. Secondly, there may be so much thick protein on the contact lenses that it causes discomfort for the person who wear them. Lastly, the accumulated bacteria and germs can cause infections and inflammation. As a result, you may suffer from intense pain and discomfort.04/03/2013
650 Iwilei Road, Suite 210 Honolulu, HI 96817
- Can I wear contacts when I have pink eyes?
- Do I need to consider the size of contacts when buying them?
- Is it normal that circle lenses rub against eyelids?
- Why does wearing contacts make my eyes blurry when I go back to glasses?
- How long should you rest your eyes after over-wearing contacts?
- Can I wear two different brands of contact lenses?
- Can I reuse a daily contacts? Have you tried that ?
- Why does one of my eyes go inwards when I don't wear my glasses?
- Regular soft contacts vs. daily disposable ones. Which one is better?
- How often should you change the contact lens case?