georgeYes, acid reflux can certainly cause eye pain. When we have acid reflux, we will relocate the stomach contents, I mean, food or liquid, from the stomach to our esophagus. As a result, it gives rise to tiny PH levels changes in our body and leads to body dehydration. The health harzards of dehydration of our body have been emphasized everywhere. Multiple but common symptoms are eye dryness and eye pain as our eyes have highly connected to our body and signal our body's more serious diseases. We need to take in enough liquid to guarantee our normal activities by drinking a certain amount of water. Besides, the vomiting and diarrhea can worse the condition. Well, you need to fix your acid reflux in order to relieve the eye pain thoroughly. Going to your local Eye Medical Department and asking for some medications can help immensely.05/02/2013
DazzaYes, once you have the acid reflux, you may have the problem of dehydration which may cause your eyes to be painful. You need to take the light diet, with more vegetables and fruits to make the digestion system work well. You could also have the good rest for the eyes. You could use some eye drops with anti-inflammation to cure your eye pain which could make your eyes be moisture.04/29/2013
sherri DaughteryThese are good helpful answers, thank you. I have suffered acid reflux for 8 years, I have been on Prilosec (prescription) non stop for 4 years. Which now leads to weak hip bones, as it makes your bones porous. But at 50, I can deal with it. I had started to have burning eyes three weeks ago, it drove me batty! I was also having a bad gerd attack. My dr informed me that yes it is related, and yes you need to drink lots of water.03/30/2014
- How to treat red and swollen eyes caused by a hit?
- How to relieve eye pain caused by smokes?
- My eyes hurt after staring at computer screen for a long time. How to relieve this?
- Why are my eyes constantly hurting and causing me pain?
- Why do my eyes hurt when I read? But I can see the words just fine.
- What causes eye pain and sensitivity to light?
- what causes eye pain and swelling?
- Can lyme disease cause eye pain?
- Does graves disease cause eye pain?
- What is good for eye pain?