Marissa georgeThat depends on different circumstances. Acid reflux can be divided into three types according to the diferent factors: generally, pathological and physiological. We will talk about the second one ( the other two will not affect eyes). Gastric acid can kill the bacterials in food to build a healthy environment in our intestinal tract, however , when it is overproduced, which may cause canker in your stomach and intestinal tract(pathological acid reflux),so that some virus like the type 70 can invade in your digest organs. And red eyes commonly happened in spring is usually caused by the virus like I said above. So it seems that our eyes' health is somewhat linked to our digest system( that is to say that illness comes from mouth). The redundant gastric acid does not have direct influence on our eyes, whether it can be regarded as a sign of eye problem should be confirmed by further diagnose. However when it is in spring( when it is the peak season of digest problems), you'd better be aware of possibility of red eyes or other eye problems. Hope that will help.05/01/2013
Jade scottGenerally, a condition that the stomach contents (food or liquid) relocate into the esophagus referring to the tube from the stomach to the mouth is called acid reflux. When such things leaking backwards from the stomach can irritate the esophagus and cause heartburn, or other symptoms like nausea. Often, apart from a strong metallic taste, those suffering acid reflux will be awaken with watery, red and irritated eyes due to the serious dehydration in the whole body and partialy esophageal sphincter function loss. As a result, your eyes will become desperately dry. As we all know, dry eyes can lead to a terrible eye condition and give rise to various eye diseases.05/02/2013
- How to treat red and swollen eyes caused by a hit?
- I have red eyes for more than one week. It is normal?
- Why do my eyes turn red hours after removing contact lenses?
- How long should you rest your eyes after over-wearing contacts?
- Why do you have redness in your eyes when teething?
- How can you keep your eyes from turning red when you are drinking?
- What are the side effects of visine red eye drops ?
- How to get rid of popped blood vessels in your eyes?
- what causes itchy eyelids and red veins in the white part of your eyes?
- How to relieve red and itchy eyes after taking my contacts out?