Jackson raphaelDr. Sai Chaavala who is an assistant professor of ophthalmology at the UNC School of Medicine said that they have found an optimized treatment for macular degeneration. The new treatment for macular degeneration is MDM2 inhibitors. They think MDM2 inhibitors can reduce the treatment burden on both patients and physicians. Anti-VEGF is the best treatment available on the market but it will cost more. Maybe the new treatment will be a better choice for patients if it really works.11/18/2013
eeniemeenie005I heard that the best treatment for macular degeneration available on the market is anti-VEGF which is a kind of antidoby. Usually doctors will inject this kind of antibody directly into the patients' eyes. And patients need to visit the doctor for a new injection every 4-8 weeks.11/18/2013
mannyI think the new treatment MDM2 inhibitors can cure macular degeneration. Macular degeneration may lead to vision loss because abnormal blood vessels will form in the eyes and start to leak fluid or blood. Anti-VEGF can affect the growth factors which cause leaky blood vessels and attack the abnormal blood vessels directly and make them to regress.11/18/2013
- Will smoking increase the risk and accelerate the development of cataracts, macular degeneration and optic nerve damages?
- What Is Macular Degeneration Prevention Diet?
- How to Prevent Macular Degeneration Naturally?
- What Vitamins Are Good for Macular Degeneration Prevention?
- What Associates Charles Bonnet Syndrome with Age-related Macular Degeneration?
- How to Prevent Macular Degeneration ?
- How to Prevent Macular Degeneration From Getting Worse ?
- What are the best sunglasses for macular degeneration?
- Can glasses correct macular degeneration?
- Does high blood pressure cause macular degeneration?