walkingrainThe cataract surgery will correct the blurry vision caused by the cataract and can leave a different correction than you are used to after LASIK surgery. Figuring the power of the lens implant after someone has had LASIK can be part art and part science-meaning some touch-up to the visual result may be necessary after the cataract surgery if you are not happy with the final vision. Please discuss these options for treatment with your doctor.04/07/2015
VividYes. Most eye surgeries, including LASIK, carry risk of cataracts. Anecdotal reports of cataracts shortly after LASIK, even in relatively young patients, suggest a cause and effect relationship. Moreover, steriod drops routinely prescribed after LASIK may hasten the onset of cataracts.Patients with signs of cataracts before LASIK should not have LASIK because vision may be corrected with the intraocular lens used for cataract surgery. Ironically, after LASIK the altered corneal surface causes inaccurate measurement of the intraocular lens power for cataract surgery. This means that patients who have LASIK surgery and later develop cataracts may be right back in glasses after cataract surgery-or worse, subjected to the inherent risks of multiple surgeries.04/07/2015
- Is laser eye surgery safe for teenagers?
- How important of the pupil size regarding to cataract surgery?
- The best time of year to have eye surgery?
- Am I still a good candidate for LASIK, because I am 64 years old?
- How does the cornea flap heal? Are stitches needed?
- Is LASIK safe?
- Can perfect 6/6 vision be guaranteed through Lasik?
- Can my vision be worse after Lasik?
- What range of myopia can be treated with Lasik?
- How often must I come back for review after the Lasik surgery?