Alexander greenMyopia and astigmatism are sometimes mistaken as one. It is because they almost have exactly the same symptoms. Myopia is a condition where in the projected image is formed inside the eye, not on the retina, whereas, astigmatism is the irregular curvature of eye lenses, thus developing blurry sight. Myopia Astigmatism or myopic astigmatism is an optical defect where in the vision is blurred due to the inability of the eye to produce image on the retina. The eye optics is incapable of projecting clear images in the retina. This is caused by the irregular curvature of the cornea or lens. It is difficult to know whether it is an astigmatism or myopia when itâ€™s actually both eye problems. Several cases of myopia astigmatism have been mistaken as either myopia or astigmatism, because its symptoms are very alike. The thing that is not known to them is that they have both. You'e better have an eye exam, your eye doctor will tell you if you have astigmatism, nearsighted or both. Source:http://www.tandurust.com/eye-health/myopia-and-astigmatism.html05/04/2012
Aaron mayFor people with astigmatism,they can't see both near and distant without squinting and there seems to be double image in their vision .Sometimes they may have eye strain or headaches.They have difficulty focusing on printed words and lines.But people with myopia can see things close up.For your case,it is possibly that you are having myopia.05/04/2012
- Is sunlight an important factor in preventing myopia?
- Are glasses for astigmatism more expensive?
- What is the most comfortable contact lens for astigmatism?
- Why does astigmatism get worse with age?
- Can people with astigmatism get lasik?
- Is myopia hereditary?
- What is myopia and hyperopia?
- How does an incorrect astigmatism axis affect my vision ?
- Can laser eye surgery cause astigmatism?
- Do you need special glasses for astigmatism?