Kaylee tuenerYes, the lutein is of great importance to the eyes which will to some degree help the vision. Lutein is coexisted with corn flavin. It is constituted in fruits, vegetables, flowers and other plant pigment. The main components are in the chloroplasts of leaves, which will absorb the light energy and transfer to chlorophyll. It has the protective role which constitutes the human eye macula of the main pigment. The light irradiation, especially the short light, will do the great harm to the human body, with mass consumption of lutein. And the lutein in the human body can't synthesis. However, we can get the lutein from the food supplement. We could eat variety of green vegetables to increase the lutein in our body, such as spinach, mustard lettuce, broccoli, white gourd, green radish, corn and so on. Keeping the lutein in our body will we have the good eye vision.11/17/2012
Kimberly quickYes, lutein is good to eyes and skin. There are two kinds of very important good nutrition to help risk of macular degeneration and cataracts, lutein and zeaxanthin. Lutein is a very important antioxidant. Lutein could help reduce the harmful radical, which plays role in many chronic disease. And Lutein can help filter the blue light which is believed to induce possible damages to human organs which are exposed to the light, for example, the eyes and skin. According to the new research, lutein as well as zeaxanthin, could work together to reduce 90% of the blue light in retina. We could get lutein from egg yolks, fruits and vegetables, especially the dark green leaf vegetables.11/18/2012
Jean CasterWell, you should know that lutein is one of the strong antioxidants in the world. As you can see, the main purposes of it is to better protect your eyes, improve your vision, get rid of tiredness as well as improve your night vision. It is an indispensable part to your eye health. Therefore, I suggest that you take some lutein pills on a regular basis if you have eye problems.11/20/2012
Kevin percyYes, lutein and other kind of nutrients such as vitamin C, vitamin E, zeaxanthin, zinc, and pepper play a very important role in improving our eye health. But if you want to ask whether they can improve your eyesight, I will tell you that they can't improve your eyesight.11/19/2013
- What is the effect of alcohol on the eye?
- Why is exercise good for my eyes?
- Will my eye astigmatisms go away at last? Will astigmatisms be inherited?
- Why do my eyes sensitive to light? And why can't focus well?
- How to relieve from high eye pressure and what is treatment?
- Do you have a gold ring around your eyes?
- What's it called when your eyes go out of focus randomly?
- What do zonules do in the human eye?
- I lost vision in my one eye trying to treat something, should I make the other eye match?
- Have you ever seen a bright purple light after you closed your eyes?