ErinEye discharge is known as eye boogers, which is a kind of yellowish and sticky substance. There are different causes of eye discharges. The most common one occurs when you wake up in the morning. Most of eye boogers are harmless and it's a part of your body's natural defense system. You can use a warm washcloth to clean eye boogers if your child's eyes are glued shut. The warm of the towel would loosen the crust. On the other side, it could be a sign of serious eye problems if it's continue for a prolonged period, you had better take your children to see eye doctor.09/26/2012
abbyabbieThere must be the eye infection that your kids get. You'd better bring them to the hospital and take an eye check. Before this, you can use the cold cloth to cover on your kid's eyes to release the symptoms. Keep in mind that not using eye drops which may be sensitive to your kids' skin because the skin quality of children is weak.09/27/2012
cute_lil_ambieFirstly you need to check out the color of the discharge, since it in some ways can indicate how serious the problem might be. If it is clear discharge, then it means maybe there is something such as an eyelash or dust is in the child's eye or maybe the tear duct is blocked. Sometimes it may resolve on its own, but if the symptom continues , it may need medical treatment from the doctor. If it is white and stringy discharge, it means the child is suffering from allergy eyes and needs to see the doctor. If it is green discharge, maybe it is because of viral infection.If a child wakes up with a green discharge that holds the eyelids shut, the parents should be extremely cautious of this condition. Waking up with only a mild amount of dried green discharge in the corner of a child's eyes may be normal. If it is yellow-green discharge, then it is most likely a type of bacterial conjunctivitis. This condition can be dangerous to the eyes, and it does not resolve on its own. It is also a contagious condition. If the discharge is not continuous, and the child does not appear to be in any discomfort,the parents may wait 24 hours and see if the discharge resolves. And if the condition becomes serious, the parents need take the child to see their pediatrician, ophthalmologist or optometrist.09/27/2012
- What is the effect of alcohol on the eye?
- Why is exercise good for my eyes?
- Will my eye astigmatisms go away at last? Will astigmatisms be inherited?
- Why do my eyes sensitive to light? And why can't focus well?
- How to relieve from high eye pressure and what is treatment?
- Do you have a gold ring around your eyes?
- What's it called when your eyes go out of focus randomly?
- What do zonules do in the human eye?
- I lost vision in my one eye trying to treat something, should I make the other eye match?
- Have you ever seen a bright purple light after you closed your eyes?