Kevin leeWell, yes, in some cases, astigmatism can be reversed. First, you should know that astigmatism is a visual condition and in many situations, it can be related to its shape. In other words, if an eye that has two different powers and it splits the focus point into two different partial focus points, the astigmatism will occur. Generally speaking, wearing contact lenses can correct the astigmatism. Also, you can just ask the doctor some advices. Of course, if you do not care your eyes carefully, the astigmatism can be reversed. So just pay more attention to it.12/03/2012
walkingalone121No, there is no accurate way for you to cure the astigmatism in the medical circle. According to the current western medicine, the astigmatism can only be wearing glasses to be corrected. The rules of astigmatism after inspection should be with the right degree of cylindrical mirror or spherical joint cylindrical mirror to correct. The irregular astigmatism can wear high transparent oxygen hard corneal contact lens. Some medicine is to correct the original clinical practice found. It can be used to improve eye and corneal microcirculation. The medical measures are mainly promoting the balanced development of cornea direction and reduce or eliminate the purpose of astigmatism. However, the astigmatism can only be reduced. It can't be eliminated or cured fully through the surgery in the medical circle.12/04/2012
SaarahAstigmatism refers to an abnormal, elliptical shaping of the front surface of the human eye, or cornea. As a matter of fact, Astigmatism occurs in nearly everybody, the only difference is the degree of asigmatism's symptom varies from person to person. For this kind of people, when light enters the eye it is refracted more in one direction than the other, allowing only part of the object to be in focus at one time. Objects at any distance can appear blurry and wavy. As for your situation, the astigmatism hardly cure by itself, but there is a opportunity to be reversed if you try to wear RGP, which means Rigid Gas Permeable Contact Lens, for the sake of correcting defects of vision. Besides, a minor operation also helps.12/04/2012
- What does pterygium look like?
- How to relieve eye pain caused by smokes?
- Is there any cure or help to COLOBOMA of the IRIS?
- Will hypertropia go away on its own?
- Why can I see circular particles that float around when I close my eyes?
- I have a squiggly line with lil round black spot on my eyes. Can you tell me what's this?
- Will smoking increase the risk and accelerate the development of cataracts, macular degeneration and optic nerve damages?
- dark brown spot on my eyes.
- Can you heal your eyes with Chinese medicine ?
- Can eye problems cause dizziness and headaches?