debby truaxThey need corneal transplantation because their cornea is damaged or diseased and their cornea cannot be healed through medicines, keratoconus conservative surgery and cross-linking. Those who suffer from serious corneal ulcer and are likely to face the danger of perforation should carry out corneal transplantation immediately without delay. Also those who suffer from congenital denaturalization of the cornea or keratoconus need corneal transplantation at once. Those who once suffered from turbid cornea due to viral keratitis, wound from chemicals such as acid or alkali can consider corneal transplantation after recovery one year later. In addition, those who want to get rid of the corneal scars which give a whitish hue to the cornea and improve the appearance can receive corneal transplantation.12/06/2012
gilesThe cornea is a transparent and dome-shaped surface of eye. It provides a large part of the refractive power of eyes. It is full of nerve ends, but no vessels. Once anything touched the cornea, blinking would be triggered to protect eyes. Cornea works like lens to camera. Without good lens, camera couldn't take clear picture. Once cornea is diseased or badly injured or scarring, people will lose vision permanently. Corneal transplant surgery could replace the diseased or injured cornea with the donated corneal tissues in entirety or in part. If they had corneal transplant surgery, it will give them the hope to gain vision again. Now the corneal transplant surgery is a very common and most of these surgeries succeed.12/07/2012
campbellwell, generally speaking, the cornea is the tissue on the very front of the eye. And in common, cornea is clear and covers the iris and pupil. But when the cornea becomes swollen, or scarred, corneal transparent may be essential. that is why some people need cornea transparent. For operation, it can be safe, so you do not need to worry about it. But on the other hand, it will be a long time for your eyes to recover. For example, it will take about one year to recover. And after the surgery, your eyes will be fragile, it is very important to protect your eyes from bacteria and also the eye strain. For example, you should not take some heavy exercises, which can hurt your eyes. Anyway, just be careful about it.12/10/2012
- What does pterygium look like?
- How to relieve eye pain caused by smokes?
- Is there any cure or help to COLOBOMA of the IRIS?
- Will hypertropia go away on its own?
- Why can I see circular particles that float around when I close my eyes?
- I have a squiggly line with lil round black spot on my eyes. Can you tell me what's this?
- Will smoking increase the risk and accelerate the development of cataracts, macular degeneration and optic nerve damages?
- dark brown spot on my eyes.
- Can you heal your eyes with Chinese medicine ?
- Can eye problems cause dizziness and headaches?