Anthony cecilUsually the dilated eyes after the cataract surgery may continue for about a week because of the stimulation from the surgery at the eye nerves and eye pressure. You should protect the eyes carefully after the surgery with no spicy food and cigarettes. You should also do the eye exam to see whether the eyes get the full recovery after the cataract surgery.12/12/2012
SonyaWell, it is possible to have dilated pupils after you have taken the eye surgery. And it will just take about one week to recover. And in common, when dilated pupils occur, the black part of the eye will be bigger than normal. And in that way, your eyes may be painful in some degree. After you have the surgery, you should take more time to take care of your eyes, or it can be dangerous for your eyes. By the way, you should know that some factors, such as high blood pressure and anxiety can cause pupils to be dilated. Besides, drug use, illness, and trauma are other causes. So just be careful about it.12/17/2012
edwardIt is hard to tell. Usually this pupil dilation could last from a few hours to a few weeks. Cataract is the clouding of crystalline lens which needs to be removed and replaced. Doctors need to exam the inner parts of eyes, so they use some special medical eye drops to help dilate pupils. Prior the surgery, the surgeon also uses dilating drops to enlarge the pupils, which is referred as mydriatics. Mydriatics could temporally paralyze iris sphincter muscle which can contract or dilate the pupils. The dilating effect could last from 24 hours to 2 weeks. The period varies from case to case. Besides, the type of intraocular lens implanted should be taken into consideration. If it is really annoying, the doctor might prescribe some type of contracting drops to help. The success rate of cataract is very high, so there is no need to worry about it. You might go through some blurry vision due to the dilation of pupils, yet it is not very serious. If it lasts too long or it goes worse, you should talk to your doctor to see if anything wrong with your eyes.12/17/2012
- I would like to find out how soon after cataract surgery I can resume spinning and pilates exercises
- Can I go on a holiday after having cataract surgery?
- How Much Does Cataract Surgery Cost With Insurance?
- How Long after Cataract Surgery Can I Get New Glasses?
- How Soon Can I Get New Glasses after Cataract Surgery?
- why are my eyes sensitive to light after cataract surgery?
- How long do I have to use eye drops after cataract surgery?
- What is the success rate of cataract surgery?
- Do people's eyes dilate when they see something they want?
- Do You Need a Stronger Prescription or Cataract Surgery?