Alexia charlesLunar eclipse means that the full moon goes into shadow over a period of hours and gives off a ghostly color, and it can become almost invisible, so lunar eclipse does no harm to the eyes. But if the eclipse happens during the day, it can do great harm to the eyes when people look at the sun directly under such circumstances.01/07/2013
IeffHello, as far as I know, lunar eclipses will not affect eyes now. It is true that most people thought that lunar eclipses can harm eyes and they usually wear eyeglasses to watch it before. While recently, experts say some it is unnecessary and it is safe to watch lunar eclipses without wearing eyeglasses. So just do not worry about that!01/08/2013
catgay2005No, you just worry too much about the lunar eclipses. Many people said it is not safe to watch the lunar eclipese, especially with naked eyes. So we can find people wearing dark sunglasses during the lunar eclipses in night. Experts say it is not necessay to wear sunglasses or any special designed eyeglasses to protect eyes during lunar eclipses. It is totally safe to watch the lunar eclipses with naked eyes. But as to solar eclipses in day time, you can't do this. We know that the strong sunrays and UV light could damage our eyes easily. It is a natural wonder that many people expect to experience, but a proper protection is required. You can read the piece reported by NASA, as the following linkage. It explained clearly why and how the solar eclipses could impact eyes. http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEhelp/safety2.html01/09/2013
- What is the effect of alcohol on the eye?
- Why is exercise good for my eyes?
- Will my eye astigmatisms go away at last? Will astigmatisms be inherited?
- Why do my eyes sensitive to light? And why can't focus well?
- How to relieve from high eye pressure and what is treatment?
- Do you have a gold ring around your eyes?
- What's it called when your eyes go out of focus randomly?
- What do zonules do in the human eye?
- I lost vision in my one eye trying to treat something, should I make the other eye match?
- Have you ever seen a bright purple light after you closed your eyes?