J BellActually, the red light can not hurt your eyes only if you do not stare the light for a couple of hours. Now, many companies have started marketing LED lamps that can be switched to a red mode, it is said that the red light is less harmful to one's night vision, because our eyes are less sensitive to the red light. When you are in the street, the traffic light is also red. So, please don't worry too much. However, you are best to avoid any kind of direct intense light to the eyes.01/18/2013
Kelly garyIt is abnormal for your eyes get sensitive to light. It is in all probability a sign of eye disease. Many a eye disease can result in light sensitivity. Common eye diseases that cause light sensitivity include acute glaucoma, albinism, a herpes infection of the eyes, cataracts, corneal injuries and so on. But on some occasion your eyes may be sensitive to light just as a result of migraines and some other headache problems. Don't worry about it too much. Go to see a eye doctor to find the underlying cause and get it treated. Good luck.01/17/2013
SaarahIt's hard to say, we can see red light at every corner in our life, and it's not been found that it's bad for our health. While, it's also found that working under the red light is bad for the eyes, and staring at the red light can cause eye damage. So, avoiding reading under the red light and staring at it can help you protect your eyes.01/17/2013
- What is the effect of alcohol on the eye?
- Why is exercise good for my eyes?
- Will my eye astigmatisms go away at last? Will astigmatisms be inherited?
- Why do my eyes sensitive to light? And why can't focus well?
- How to relieve from high eye pressure and what is treatment?
- Do you have a gold ring around your eyes?
- What's it called when your eyes go out of focus randomly?
- What do zonules do in the human eye?
- I lost vision in my one eye trying to treat something, should I make the other eye match?
- Have you ever seen a bright purple light after you closed your eyes?