walkietalkie1Yes, of cause, it is quite possible. Sinus infection or sinusitis refers to the inflammation of the nasal passage and sinuses. Patients with sinus infection might have a headache and pressure in eyes, probably with a coughing, sore throat, fever, bad breathe and thick secretion in nasal cavity. It would lead to eye problems easily, puffiness or eye infections. Eyes are very near to nasal cavity and they are connected together with internal passages. It is easy to spread the virus or bacteria to eyes. It can also cause a dull ache or pressure in the eyes. The thick secretion might gradually lead to tear duct blocked too. During your sinus infection period, don't rub your eyes with hands or dirty handkerchief. You can get a nasal washer to keep your nasal passage clean and free-flowing. Take medications as needed.01/25/2013
Jordan owenYes, it is possible for sinus infection further lead to eye irritation. First, a sinus infection can be related to your eyes because sinus cavity is located directly behind the eyes, and it can cause your eye bloodshot if it is serious. So it can absolutely further lead to your eye irritation, red eyes, swelling of the eyelids and some other eye problems. It can also cause mild- to-severe eye pain for your eyes. Pay attention to that and have treatment now.01/21/2013
Isabel fergusSinus infection can spread through anastomosing veins or by direct extension to close structures. Allergies, structural abnormalities, smoking and second hand smoke and infections are causes of sinus infection . Symptoms are headache/facial pain or pressure of a dull, constant, or aching sort and eye irritations.03/01/2013
- What is the effect of alcohol on the eye?
- Why is exercise good for my eyes?
- Will my eye astigmatisms go away at last? Will astigmatisms be inherited?
- Why do my eyes sensitive to light? And why can't focus well?
- How to relieve from high eye pressure and what is treatment?
- Do you have a gold ring around your eyes?
- What's it called when your eyes go out of focus randomly?
- What do zonules do in the human eye?
- I lost vision in my one eye trying to treat something, should I make the other eye match?
- Have you ever seen a bright purple light after you closed your eyes?