JoshAs far as i know, it won't cause pink eyes. Pink eye is the inflammation of the thin, clear covering of the white of the eye and the inside of the eyelids. There are different kinds of pink eye and it can usually bring watery, itchy eyes and sensitivity to light. The treatment of pink eye will depend on the type of pink eye you have, so you need to consult your doctor and get treatment.01/25/2013
Erin rupertEye drynss syndrome is a very common but annoying problem, referring to deficient tear production or excessive tear evaporation or drainage. Tear works as lubrication, nourishment and anti-bacterial agent in eyes. Without enough anti-bacterial agent in eyes, it makes easier to get bacterial infection. So it is possible to have pink eye because of long term eye dryness. And severe dryness might lead to inflammation, scarring on the surface of cornea for lacking of lubracation. To prevent it, you should reduce the dryness. Applying warm compress is helpful to tear production. You can do the warm compress 4-6times per day, 10-15 minutes each time. Make sure the air around is moist enough otherwise your eyes would be drier. Use a humidifier to moisturize the air, which make you feel better and the dryness would be relieved.02/02/2013
FalconYes, long term of dry eyes will cause pink eyes which could be caused mainly by the infection at the eyes because of coming invisible bacterium. You should use the eye drops to moisture the eyes. In addition, you could use the warm compress to make the eyes get moisture. You could eat more food with vitamin C to moisture the eyes. You could just do the above ways to prevent the dryness of the eyes.03/10/2013
- Can I wear contacts when I have pink eyes?
- Why do my eyes turn red hours after removing contact lenses?
- How to cure dry eyes, blurry vision and fibromyalgia?
- How to give yourself a fake pink eye?
- What causes a sore throat and pain behind eyes after drinking alcohol?
- How long does pink eye take to go away on its own?
- How do you know if you have pink eye or allergies?
- How long does pink eye take to go away with antibiotics?
- How Do You Know If You Have Pink Eye or Just Allergies?
- How fast do symptoms of pink eye show up?