crazy_durrModern cataract surgery is one of the safest of all surgical procedures. Most complications, even if they occur, are not serious. So are dry eyes. Don't be too anxious. After cataract surgery, you should keep using artificial tears, four times a day, to replenish moisture and keep ocular surface moist and to produce solution with viscosity and water absorption covering the ocular surface in order to prolong tear break-up time and improve the discomfort symptom. In your daily life, you should develop a good life habit, such as ensuring ample sleep, taking more fruits containing vitamin A and vitamin C, applying hot compress on your eyes, blinking more, shortening the time that you spend on computer.11/05/2012
b0ycrazzyYes. It is normal to get dry eyes after cataract surgery. If you feel very dry eyes, you can ask your eye doctor to prescribe you some eye drops to help you keep eye moist. This is not a very big question. Or if you also feel any discomfort, the best way is to consult your doctor because he/she know better about your eyes than others. Best wishes.11/05/2012
Dylan fergusYes of course, it is true, dry eyes is one of the lasting impacts from taking cataract surgery.Generally speaking, the reason is less production of tears and higher eye pressure. What I recommend to you is that try to find some artificial tear drops with the doctor's guidance. Or you might as well consult the doctor before you do something. Just pay more attention to your eyes.11/06/2012
- Why do my eyes turn red hours after removing contact lenses?
- How to cure dry eyes, blurry vision and fibromyalgia?
- I would like to find out how soon after cataract surgery I can resume spinning and pilates exercises
- Can I go on a holiday after having cataract surgery?
- What causes a sore throat and pain behind eyes after drinking alcohol?
- How Much Does Cataract Surgery Cost With Insurance?
- How Long after Cataract Surgery Can I Get New Glasses?
- How Soon Can I Get New Glasses after Cataract Surgery?
- Can dry eyes cause vision loss?
- What is the best over the counter eye drops for dry eyes?