What is the difference between hard contact lenses and soft contact lenses?
I usually wear soft contact lenses. But my friend said that hard contact lenses are also comfortable to wear. So, What's their differences?
walkingtheskyHard lenses give you excellent vision and have a short adaptation period.They are are made of slightly flexible plastics and they are durable. And soft contact lenses are made of soft, flexible plastic that also allows oxygen to pass through it to the corneas of the eyes. Some soft lenses that are only to be worn during the day time and other soft lenses designed for overnight wear. In most cases these soft lenses are immediately comfortable and have a very short adaptation period. There are soft lenses which can be kept for about a year, ones that you replace every 3 or 4 months, monthly replacement lenses, two week replacement lenses or daily replacement lenses.01/02/2013
elpropioHello, for hard lenses, they are now made of plastic-like material. This material is called polymethyl methacrylate. They may be less comfortable than soft lenses. Soft lenses are made of plastic-like material but their flexibility is much better. With the latest modern technology, soft lenses are very advanced.01/02/2013
catherinecravenThe main big difference between the soft contact lenses and hard contact lenses is the material. However, if you are in the first time to wear the contact lenses, you could wear the hard contact lenses which will be easily worn because of the good shape character. However, the soft contact lenses are suitable for those who have the experience of wearing the contact lenses. They are thin at the material which will not let you feel the existence. Thus in my opinion, the soft contact lenses are more comfortable to wear. However, they may easily get out because of the not good molding effect.01/03/2013
- How to clean hard contact lenses properly?
- How to take care of hard contact lenses?
- What are the disadvantages of soft contact lenses?
- What contact lenses shall i choose, soft contact lenses or RGP contact lenses?
- RGP or Soft Contacts,which one is better?
- How long to store soft contact lenses in the lens case?
- What are soft contact lenses?
- Can I use Gas Permeable lens solution for my soft contact lenses?
- How to insert soft contact lenses?
- What are hard contact lenses made of?