Arianna walkerYes, it is possible for you to get cataracts from lyme disease because of the interlinked nerves between eyes and other parts of the body. Once you get lyme disease, your whole body will get affected. Your eyes may get dry and red because of it. Once you get the cataracts, you need to have the good rest and healthy diet to release it. You could also do the surgery to cure your eyes.04/23/2013
AndreaLyme disease is a kind of matural focus infection disease whose causative agent is borrelia burgdorefi and whose medium is tick. Lyme disease usually presents itself by erythema chronicum migrans, abnormity of nervous system and heart, and arthritis. In some cases, lyme can indeed impact the eyes and the patient will feel blurry vision, pain in the eyes when the eyeballs are moving, photophoby, an so on, which is usually caused by neuroinflammation due to the lyme disease. In addition, lyme disease can also lead to scleritis and episcleritis, which is usually caused by the infection of borrelia burgdorefi, the causative agent of lyme disease, or by the immunoreaction to its metabolite. To avoid this, you had better not go to unhealthy environment, and pay attention to personal hygiene. Do more exercises to enhance your immunity.04/22/2013
LaineyLyme disease is led by the damage of nervous system. For exemple, cranial neuritis can induce facial paralysis which means partial nerves on face have functional disoders, so that will influence the eyesâ€™ s fuction. Some patients find they get vague vision and feel painful when turning the eye balls and always fear of light, which can be a warn for eye problems. Although lyme disease cannot lead to cataracts directly, you should pay attetion to your eyesâ€™ health. Hope that will help.04/24/2013
- Will smoking increase the risk and accelerate the development of cataracts, macular degeneration and optic nerve damages?
- How to look at the sun without hurting your eyes ?
- What causes cataracts?
- Are cataracts connected with eye pain?
- Can cataracts be removed from a macular degeneration patient?
- Do cataracts affect depth perception ?
- Can cataracts affect peripheral vision?
- Could steroid eye drops cause cataracts?
- Can eye drops help cataracts?
- Do microwaves cause cataracts?