Can contact lenses cause retinal detachment?
My father suggested me not wear contact lenses too much because they are harmful. So, what are disadvantage of contact lenses? Can contact lenses cause retinal detachment?
eomer_byromAs far as i know, there is no any evidence proved that contact lenses can cause retinal detachment. But improper wearing contact lenses can cause damages to cornea. Sometimes, contact lenses even torn cornea. But retinal detachment is a separation of the retina from its attachments to the underlying tissue within the eye. They can be caused by a retinal break, hole, or tear. And this often to people who with severe vision problems or get eye injuries by accident.11/12/2012
650 Iwilei Road, Suite 210 Honolulu, HI 96817
Jocelyn griffinWell, first, you should know that contact lenses will not lead to retinal detachment, only if you have worn them after have taken an eye surgery. So you should not worry about it. Also, there are many other factors which can lead to retinal detachment, such as eye injury, severe high blood pressure. But on the other hand, most people with detached retina risk factors will not develop a detached retina. If you have some questions about retinal detachments, you can talk with your doctor. He or she can recommend detached retina symptoms to watch for and a schedule for regular eye exams. Besides, keeping the contact lenses be clean is very important, for they can just make your eyes infected by some allergies. for example, they can lead to eye infection, pink eyes, eye strain, even light sensitivity. So you should just clean your contact lenses with resolution.11/08/2012
Mikeyou cannot wear contacts too long, that will damage your eyes. Wearing too much contact lenses can cause damages to corner, which may also will cause infection, and most corneal ulcers are caused by infections. Bacterial infections cause corneal ulcers and are common in people who wear contact lenses. So the infection caused by wearing your contact lenses too long can more likely cause corneal ulcers or uveitis, if it's long enough, of course it will cause retinal detachment. Take my advice, go and buy contact solution to soak them in overnight. Your eyes hurt and feel itchy when they are dry, you should buy eye drops also.11/13/2012
- Can I wear contacts when I have pink eyes?
- Do I need to consider the size of contacts when buying them?
- Is it normal that circle lenses rub against eyelids?
- Why does wearing contacts make my eyes blurry when I go back to glasses?
- How long should you rest your eyes after over-wearing contacts?
- Can I wear two different brands of contact lenses?
- Can I reuse a daily contacts? Have you tried that ?
- Why does one of my eyes go inwards when I don't wear my glasses?
- Regular soft contacts vs. daily disposable ones. Which one is better?
- How often should you change the contact lens case?