ct_exposedThere are four types of cataracts; they are age-related cataracts, secondary cataracts, congenital cataracts and traumatic cataracts respectively, among which the third type indicates that some babies are born with cataracts as a result of an infection, injury, or poor development when they are in their mother's belly. People develop cataracts when protein accumulating in the lens makes it cloudy, which prevents light from passing through the lens, hence leading to loss of vision to some degree. As the new lens cells form, the older cells gather in the center of the lens, as a result of which cataracts develop.04/22/2013
Yaron ChengCongenital cataracts are common eye diseases in children. They are related to heredity and environmental factors. About 1/3 congenital cataract was hereditary. Autosomal dominant inheritance is the most often see, while autosomal recessive inheritance is rare, which is often suffering from a close relative of the marriage. In addition to genetic, environmental factors is another important reason. The mother during the first 2 month pregnancy get an infection is a factor to be reckoned lead to cataracts, for the period of lens capsule is not yet fully developed, can not resist the virus. In short, mothers should keep the perinatal health in order to reduce the incidence of congenital cataract.04/22/2013
650 Iwilei Road, Suite 210 Honolulu, HI 96817
- Will smoking increase the risk and accelerate the development of cataracts, macular degeneration and optic nerve damages?
- How to look at the sun without hurting your eyes ?
- What causes cataracts?
- Are cataracts connected with eye pain?
- Can cataracts be removed from a macular degeneration patient?
- Do cataracts affect depth perception ?
- Can cataracts affect peripheral vision?
- Could steroid eye drops cause cataracts?
- Can eye drops help cataracts?
- Do microwaves cause cataracts?