b1ttersw33t7Blue light mainly abounds in LED lamps, computer monitors, cellphones, digital products, liquid crystal display, bath heater, and so on. Blue light is very harmful to human eyes. It can increase the amount of toxin in the macular region of the eyes, and aggravate the macular disease such as macular degeneration. Blue light can also reach the retina and injure the retinal pigment epithelium, leading to fundus injury after a cataracts surgery. It can cuase blurry vision, eye fatigue, and VDT syndromes, because the blue light can aggravate the aberration and the visual ambiguity, which makes the optic muscles and the blood supply in the eyes too hypertense, aggravating eye fatigue. In addition, blue light possesses quite high energy, thus it has high rate of scattering when meeting the small particles in the air, which can easily makes the eyes feel dazzling and uncomfortable. Therefore, people should stay away from blue light as possible as they can, or use blue light as less as they can, and put on protective eyewear if possible when they are in environment of blue light.04/24/2013
Barbara MellonYes, blue light will cause damages on your eyes because of the wavelength and its radiation. If you get more blue light, your eyes will get tired easily and feel uncomfortable. You'd better get away from it and protect your eyes in the healthy environment. You should protect the eyes carefully and get away from the bad lights. You need to take more vitamin C to moisture the eyes.04/25/2013
Isabel fergusWell, yes, blue light can be kind of bad for eyes. So you need to be careful about it. For example, it will lead to macular degeneration. First, you need to know that some experts have shown that blue light can impact the photoreceptor and RPE function. And because of that, it will just lead to macular degeneration. And macular degeneration will just be kind of dangerous eye disease occurring to your eyes. And when it occurs, it will just weaken your eyes, leading to some serious eye problems, such as retinal detachment. And finally, blindness can be possible. So we can say that blue light can be kind of dangerous.05/07/2013
- What is the effect of alcohol on the eye?
- Why is exercise good for my eyes?
- Will my eye astigmatisms go away at last? Will astigmatisms be inherited?
- Why do my eyes sensitive to light? And why can't focus well?
- How to relieve from high eye pressure and what is treatment?
- Do you have a gold ring around your eyes?
- What's it called when your eyes go out of focus randomly?
- What do zonules do in the human eye?
- I lost vision in my one eye trying to treat something, should I make the other eye match?
- Have you ever seen a bright purple light after you closed your eyes?